Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Epic American Comedy ~The Nanny~


147 times and still counting...
Thats the amount of time i've glued my eyes on the screen watching The Nanny!

Yes, no other sitcom nowadays can ever compare to this brilliantly sketched piece of comedy art. PERIOD.

Created and executively produced by Fran Drescher (who is also the main character) and her then-husband Peter Marc Jacobson, The Nanny took much of its inspiration from Drescher's personal life, involving names and characteristics based on near relatives and friends. The show earned a Rose d'Or and one Emmy Award, out of a total of thirteen nominations, and Drescher was twice nominated for a Golden Globe as well as for an Emmy. Since the early 2000s the sitcom has also spawned several foreign adaptations, loosely inspired by the original scripts.




But in my opinion, no comedy sitcom will ever be as ORIGINAL as The Nanny was.
Though it's no longer aired on TV, i get my dose of nasal voiced nanny on the ever convenient, Youtube! ;)
Also a favourite of Malaysian Idol winner, Jaclyn Victor, among millions others out there, The Nanny is a 'Must-have' DVD collection!
It still moves me to tears watching the last episode of this gut tickling series. Why must all good things come to an end?? :(

My favourite character in the show would have to be the mother...Sylvia Fine!!! heheh


The Nanny...two word: EPIC WIN!

Bravo to the one and only actual American comedy....with quality.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Although the show ended when I was one. I still love it. The nanny is the best show ever - period.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love Nanny Franny.. Love her voice and her witty character. I love that butler guy, he's sooo sarcastic. Love this series as big as I love The Addams' Family!

    ReplyDelete